Chocolate-Cherry Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of two 7 1/2x3 1/2x2-inch loaf pans or 7x4x2 1/2-inch paper lined wooden baking pans; set aside. In a small saucepan combine cherries and amaretto. Heat over low heat just until mixture comes to a simmer (do not boil). Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, bananas, sugar, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in soaked cherries and pecans.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans; spread evenly. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans (if using wooden pans, do not remove from pans). Cool completely on rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Cherry Banana Bread)
- Per serving:
- 173 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 106 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 15 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet