Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Lightly grease the foil; set aside. For crust, in a large bowl combine crushed cookies, butter, and the 1 ounce melted semisweet chocolate, stirring until well mixed. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Chill while making filling.
- For filling, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine the 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate and the whipping cream. Microwave on 100-percent power (high) about 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring once. Stir until smooth.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and, if desired, chocolate liqueur with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Gradually add chocolate-whipping cream mixture, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over crust. Let stand for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the chocolate pieces. Chill for 4 to 24 hours or until set. Cut into bars. Serve with Sweetened Whipped Cream.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- In a chilled bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Cheesecake Bars)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 33 mg chol. ,
- 80 mg sodium ,
- 18 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
BHGTestKitchen 859 Days Ago
Hi, I'm Colleen from the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen staff. The 3-ounce package of cream cheese is correct, however it is getting harder to find this size package. Luckily the 8-ounce packages have ounce-markings on the foil so you can cut off what you need. Enjoy!
Samantha Jarvis 866 Days Ago
Is the cream cheese supposed to be an 8 oz package instead of 3?
Heather Long 1408 Days Ago
I made this and it tasted so amazingly rich and delicious. I even gave some away as gifts to my boss and co workers. It really is rich, and I made two batches, one with the liquor and one without; I liked the one without better and I also omitted the mini chocolate pieces. Still very delicious. I cannot wait to make it this year!!!!!