Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling (18 cookies)
cup butter, melted
ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
cup whipping cream
3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
tablespoon chocolate liqueur (optional)
cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
recipe Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Lightly grease the foil; set aside. For crust, in a large bowl combine crushed cookies, butter, and the 1 ounce melted semisweet chocolate, stirring until well mixed. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Chill while making filling.
- For filling, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine the 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate and the whipping cream. Microwave on 100-percent power (high) about 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring once. Stir until smooth.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and, if desired, chocolate liqueur with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Gradually add chocolate-whipping cream mixture, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over crust. Let stand for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the chocolate pieces. Chill for 4 to 24 hours or until set. Cut into bars. Serve with Sweetened Whipped Cream.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
cup whipping cream
- In a chilled bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts(Chocolate Cheesecake Bars)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 33 mg chol.,
- 80 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet