- Yields: 24 bars
- Prep: 20 mins
- Stand: 15 mins
- Chill: 4 hrs
Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling (18 cookies)
cup butter, melted
ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
cup whipping cream
3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
tablespoon chocolate liqueur (optional)
cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
recipe Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Lightly grease the foil; set aside. For crust, in a large bowl combine crushed cookies, butter, and the 1 ounce melted semisweet chocolate, stirring until well mixed. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Chill while making filling.
- For filling, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine the 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate and the whipping cream. Microwave on 100-percent power (high) about 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring once. Stir until smooth.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and, if desired, chocolate liqueur with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Gradually add chocolate-whipping cream mixture, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over crust. Let stand for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the chocolate pieces. Chill for 4 to 24 hours or until set. Cut into bars. Serve with Sweetened Whipped Cream.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
cup whipping cream
- In a chilled bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Cheesecake Bars)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 33 mg chol.,
- 80 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBrownies and Bars, Cheesecakes, Chocolate Cakes, Chocolate Cheesecakes, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Cookies, Christmas Recipes, Cookies, Dark Chocolate Desserts, Desserts, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Milk Chocolate Desserts, No Bake Cheesecakes, No Bake Cookies, Party Appetizers, Party Recipes, Pies, Thanksgiving Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, White Chocolate Desserts