Texas Sheet Cake
This chocolate cake serves many but it won't last long! You may want to make two and freeze one for later.
- Makes: 60 servings
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 20 mins 375°F
- Stand: 1 hr
- Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set pan aside. In a medium saucepan combine butter, water, and cocoa powder. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, soda, salt, and cinnamon (if desired). Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed to combine. Add cocoa mixture and beat until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven 20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately pour hot Chocolate Frosting over warm cake; spread evenly. Completely cool cake in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Makes 60.
Prepare and bake cake as directed; cool completely. Do not frost. Place in a freezer container or bag. Freeze up to 1 month. Before serving, thaw several hours at room temperature. Frost as directed.
- In a medium saucepan stir together butter or margarine, unsweetened cocoa powder, and buttermilk. Cook and stir until boiling; remove from heat. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Per serving:
- 101 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 17 mg chol.,
- 83 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet