- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 2 layer-size white cake mix
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- Few drops red food coloring
- 2 16 ounce can vanilla frosting
- Fresh strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour two 8x1-1/2-inch round cake pans; set aside.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, except replace water with Champagne. Spread batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cake layers from pans. Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
3. Stir a few drops of food coloring into frosting to make a light pink color. Place one cake layer, bottom side up, on a serving platter. Spread with about 1/2 can of frosting. Top with second cake layer, top side up. Spread top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish with strawberries. Makes 10 servings.