- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cool: 2 mins
- Bake: 12 mins 425°F
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Using 2 tablespoons butter, grease six 8- to 10-ounce ramekins, souffle dishes, or custard cups. Place ramekins in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a heavy small saucepan, combine chocolate and 3/4 cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove pan from heat; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, egg yolks, granulated sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed for 8 to 10 minutes or until thick and lemon color. Fold one-third of the chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Fold remaining chocolate mixture and flour into egg mixture. Spoon about 2/3 cup batter into each prepared ramekin.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until cake edges feel firm. Cool in ramekins on a wire rack for 2 to 3 minutes. Using a knife, loosen cakes from sides of ramekins. Invert onto dessert plates. Sift with powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes)
- Per serving:
- 544 kcal cal.,
- 45 g fat
- (27 g sat. fat,
- 282 mg chol.,
- 233 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesCakes, Chocolate Cakes, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Cookies, Christmas Recipes, Dark Chocolate Desserts, Desserts, Halloween Recipes, Milk Chocolate Desserts, Pies, Quick and Easy Recipes, Red Velvet Cakes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, White Chocolate Desserts