- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 3/4 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 32 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved or quartered
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon shredded orange peel
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom and 1-3/4 inches up the side of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Chill while preparing filling.
2. For filling, in a small heavy saucepan combine chopped semisweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate. Cook over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl combine cream cheese, 1-1/4 cups sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. With mixer running, slowly add melted chocolate, beating on low speed until combined. Add eggs all at once. Beat on low speed just until combined. Stir coffee crystals into milk until dissolved. Stir milk mixture and miniature chocolate pieces into cream cheese mixture.
4. Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
5. Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen crust from side of pan; cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of pan; cool completely on rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
6. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine strawberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, and orange peel. Cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
7. To serve, top cheesecake with strawberry mixture and, if desired, whipped cream.
- Prepare as directed, except omit chocolate cookies and melted butter. For almond crust, use 2 teaspoons butter to grease the bottom and side of a 9-inch springform pan. Press 1 cup finely ground toasted almonds on the bottom and 1-3/4 inches up the side of the greased pan. Chill crust. Continue as directed.
- Nutrition Analysis: 522 calories, 9 g protein, 49 g carbohydrate, 34 g total fat, (18 g sat. fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 17 percent Vitamin A, 24 percent Vitamin C, 214 mg sodium, 10 percent calcium, 12 percent iron
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 587,
- Fat, total (g) 37,
- chol. (mg) 147,
- sat. fat (g) 21,
- carb. (g) 59,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 9,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2,
- Trans fatty acid (g) 0,
- fiber (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 46,
- pro. (g) 9,
- vit. A (IU) 923,
- vit. C (mg) 14,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 1,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 36,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 339,
- Potassium (mg) 261,
- calcium (mg) 91,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet