Flourless Chocolate Lime Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper, and butter sides of pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter together either in a heatproof bowl suspended over a saucepan of simmering water or in a microwave 30 seconds at a time until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- With electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar together until about tripled in volume, pale, and mousse-like.
- Mix almond meal with the cocoa powder. Gently fold into egg mixture, followed by the slightly cooled chocolate mixture. Fold in lime zest and juice.
- Pour and scrape into prepared pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. The cake will be just firm on top but still have a bit of wobble underneath.
- Remove from oven. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack. Once slightly cool, drape a clean kitchen towel over cake to stop it from getting too crusty, though a cracked and cratered surface is to be expected.
- When completely cool, loosen cake edges from pan using a metal spatula or knife. Unmold and dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve with Margarita Cream. Makes 6 servings and leftovers.
- Whip heavy cream in a separate bowl until it holds its shape. Whisk in the margarita mixture and keep whisking until mixture is light and aerated. Serve immediately with the Flourless Chocolate Lime Cake. Makes 6 (1/4-cup) servings and leftovers.
- Stir lime juice, tequila, and triple sec or Cointreau together in a large bowl. Whisk in the confectioner's sugar and let it dissolve in the liquid.
Nutrition Facts (Flourless Chocolate Lime Cake)
- Per serving:
- 497 kcal cal.,
- 38 g fat
- (20 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 188 mg chol.,
- 46 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 32 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet