Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Torte
cups finely crushed purchased shortbread, or pecan shortbread cookies (about 10 oz.)
tablespoons butter, melted
pints dulce de leche ice cream
cup roasted, lightly salted cashews, coarsely chopped
recipe Pineapple Topping
- In a medium bowl combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press half of cookie crumb mixture (about 1 cup) evenly onto bottom of an 8x8x1-7/8-inch disposable foil pan or a 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Set aside. Soften 1/2 the ice cream over cookie crumb layer in pan. Top with half of the nuts. Sprinkle remaining cookie crumb mixture over layers in pan. Cover and freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Soften remaining ice cream. Carefully spread ice cream over frozen layers in pan. Cover and freeze overnight or until very firm.
- To serve, top with remaining cashews. Cut into squares and serve with Pineapple Topping. Makes 9 servings.
tablespoons packed brown sugar
cups peeled, cored, and cubed fresh pineapple
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add packed brown sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add pineapple, stir to coat. Serve at once or cover and chill up to 3 days; reheat before serving.
Nutrition Facts(Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Torte)
- Per serving:
- 440 kcal cal.,
- 25 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 41 mg chol.,
- 349 mg sodium,
- 50 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 30 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet