Soft gooey marshmallows unite with pecans and chocolate in this Southern-style cake. It's perfect for a party.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan. In large bowl, stir together flour and granulated sugar. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter, cola, and cocoa powder. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter melts. Pour over flour mixture. Add eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in marshmallows. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- Spread Cocoa-Cola Frosting over cake. Sprinkle with pecans and marshmallows, if desired.
- In medium bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add 2 cups powdered sugar and cocoa powder, beating until combined. Add cola, beating until combined. Gradually beat in 1-3/4 cups powdered sugar until combined. If necessary, beat in enough additional cola, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make frosting easy to spread.
Nutrition Facts (Cocoa-Cola Cake)
- Per serving:
- 603 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 93 mg chol.,
- 292 mg sodium,
- 91 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 72 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet