- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan. In large bowl, stir together flour and granulated sugar. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter, cola, and cocoa powder. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter melts. Pour over flour mixture. Add eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in marshmallows. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- Spread Cocoa-Cola Frosting over cake. Sprinkle with pecans and marshmallows, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
To make 1/2 cup sour milk, place 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1/2 cup total liquid; stir. Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
- In medium bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add 2 cups powdered sugar and cocoa powder, beating until combined. Add cola, beating until combined. Gradually beat in 1-3/4 cups powdered sugar until combined. If necessary, beat in enough additional cola, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make frosting easy to spread.
Nutrition Facts (Cocoa-Cola Cake)
- Per serving:
- 603 kcal ,
- 26 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 12 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 93 mg chol. ,
- 292 mg sodium ,
- 91 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 72 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.