Chocolaty Harvest Fruit-Topped Cake
8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
cup canola oil
cups granulated sugar
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground allspice
teaspoon ground nutmeg
teaspoon ground cloves
ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
cup whipping cream
recipe Harvest Fruit*
cup caramel-flavored ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour two 9 x 1-1/2-inch round baking pans.
- In an extra-large bowl combine sour cream, water, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With a large wire whisk, whisk until well combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, black pepper, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves; whisk vigorously until smooth. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until top springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Finely chop chocolate. In saucepan over medium-high heat bring whipping cream to boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until smooth. Cool to room temperature; chill until a spreadable, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, prepare Harvest Fruit.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with 1/2 of chocolate cream mixture. Top with the second layer. Arrange fruit in a single layer on top of cake. Pour caramel over top of fruit. Serve immediately. (Cake does not store well after fruit is added.) Makes 12 servings.
cups apple juice
cup dried cranberries
- Thinly slice pear lengthwise and apple horizontally. In medium saucepan combine apple juice and sugar; bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Add sliced fruit and dried cranberries; return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 2 minutes. Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes. Strain and discard liquid. Cool to room temperature.
Nutrition Facts(Chocolaty Harvest Fruit-Topped Cake)
- Per serving:
- 651 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 13 g monounsatured fat),
- 71 mg chol.,
- 223 mg sodium,
- 93 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 69 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet