Chocolate Loaf with Butterscotch Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In small saucepan heat whipping cream over medium heat just until hot. Remove from heat; add chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Let stand until completely cool.
- Meanwhile, in bowl beat 1/2 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds. Add 1 cup brown sugar; beat on high until fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in cooled chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda; add to butter mixture. Beat on medium until well-combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in prepared pan; smooth with spatula.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. While loaf bakes, prepare Butterscotch Glaze. Cool loaf in pan on rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Pour half the Butterscotch Glaze on loaf. Pass remaining glaze. Makes 8 servings.
- In skillet combine brown sugar, lemon juice, water, and unsalted butter; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Stir in sliced kumquats, tangerine, and cranberries. Cook, stirring frequently, just until kumquats start to soften, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Loaf with Butterscotch Glaze)
- Per serving:
- 608 kcal cal.,
- 34 g fat
- (20 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 162 mg chol.,
- 229 mg sodium,
- 73 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 50 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet