Chocolate Harvest Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9x1-1/2-inch round baking pans; set aside.
- In an extra-large bowl combine buttermilk, water, oil, sugar, eggs, baking soda, and salt. Using a large wire whisk, whisk until well combined. Add flour and cocoa powder; whisk vigorously until smooth. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until top springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, and cinnamon until thickened. Place one cake layer on plate. Spread filling over top. Top with second cake layer.
- In a saucepan bring whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate (do not stir). Let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour over cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Chill until set, about 30 minutes. Top with grapes and/or other desired toppers. Makes 14 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Harvest Cake)
- Per serving:
- 431 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 60 mg chol.,
- 254 mg sodium,
- 53 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 37 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Valerie DuVall 88 Days Ago
Best cake on the planet!!!
Michelle Medlin 1207 Days Ago
I love this cake, but this recipe calls for 1 ounce of cream cheese when it should be 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese.