- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 package 2-layer-size white cake mix
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- 1 16 ounce can vanilla frosting
- Few drops red food coloring
- Sliced or whole fresh strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour two 8x1-1/2-inch round cake pans; set aside.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, except replace the water with an equal amount of champagne. Pour batter into prepared pans, spreading evenly. Bake according to package directions. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on racks.
3. Tint frosting with food coloring to make a light pink. Place one cake layer, bottom side up, on a serving plate. Spread with about 1/2 cup of the tinted frosting. Place remaining cake layer, rounded side up, on top. Frost top and side of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish with strawberries.