Butterscotch Marble Cake
package 2-layer-size white cake mix
4-serving-size package instant butterscotch pudding mix
cup cooking oil
cup chocolate-flavored syrup
ounces sweet baking chocolate, cut up
tablespoons butter or margarine
cup sifted powdered sugar
tablespoon hot water
Hot water (optional)
- Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil, and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping side of bowl often.
- Transfer 1-1/2 cups of batter to another bowl; stir in the chocolate-flavored syrup. Pour light batter into the prepared pan. Spoon chocolate batter over top. Using a knife, gently cut through batters to marble.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for the icing, melt sweet baking chocolate and butter or margarine over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon hot water. Stir in additional hot water, if needed, to reach drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle cake with icing. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Butterscotch Marble Cake)
- Per serving:
- 372 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 76 mg chol.,
- 388 mg sodium,
- 62 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet