Chocolate Cake Donuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a mini doughnut pan with cooking spray;* set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, yogurt, egg, oil, and vanilla. Add yogurt mixture all at once to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon batter into a large resealable plastic bag. Cut off one corner of the bag; squeeze batter into the prepared indents in doughnut pan, filling each about two-thirds full. Smooth tops. Bake about 10 minutes or until doughnuts are nearly firm when lightly pressed. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes. Remove doughnuts from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For icing, in a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, and milk until smooth. Dip cooled doughnuts into icing, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Return doughnuts to wire rack. Top with sprinkles.
From the Test Kitchen
If necessary, bake doughnuts in two batches, washing pan and coating again with nonstick cooking spray before adding the remaining batter.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Cake Donuts)
- Per serving:
- 155 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 1 mg chol.,
- 145 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 19 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet