Chipotle, Chorizo, and Bean Dip
- In a medium skillet cook sausage, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until sausage is brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Remove mixture from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl combine sausage mixture, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, and chipotle peppers. In a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker mash pinto beans. Top with tomato mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for about 4 hours or on high-heat setting for about 2 hours or until bubbly.
- Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm-heat or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Serve dip with lime wedges and tortilla chips.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Chipotle, Chorizo, and Bean Dip)
- Per serving:
- 63 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 8 mg chol.,
- 299 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet