Here's a pantry casserole that fills the bill on a Sunday nighta little festive, a lot easy, a family favorite.
- Makes: 5 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 40 mins 350°F
6 inches corn tortillas
15 ounce can black beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
10 ounce can enchilada sauce
cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 ounces)
tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce
Sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Bake tortillas about 10 minutes or until warm.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl combine beans, 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce, 1 cup of the cheese, and the chile pepper. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling onto one edge of each tortilla. Starting at the edge with the filling, roll up each tortilla.
- Arrange tortillas, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish. Spoon the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas.
- Bake, covered, about 25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with sliced green onion.
Nutrition Facts (Chipotle-Bean Enchiladas)
- Per serving:
- 487 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 40 mg chol.,
- 63 g carb.,
- 14 g fiber,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet