Chinese Coca-Cola Wings
chicken wings (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
tablespoons dry sherry or dry white wine
thin slices peeled fresh ginger
cloves garlic, thinly sliced
teaspoon crushed red pepper
tablespoons vegetable oil
tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings. Cut wings at joints to form 24 pieces. Place chicken wing pieces in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine cola, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Pour marinade over chicken wings. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally. Drain chicken wings, reserving marinade. Pat wings dry with paper towels.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken wings; cook about 10 minutes or until brown on both sides, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Drain off fat. Pour the reserved marinade over chicken wings.
- Bring to simmering. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes more until chicken is no longer pink and marinade is slightly thickened, turning wings once. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts(Chinese Coca-Cola Wings)
- Per serving:
- 249 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 73 mg chol.,
- 264 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet