- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Slow Cook: 9 hrs to 10 hrs (low) or 4-1/2 to 5 hours (high)
White Bean and Cumin Chili
cup chopped onion (1 large)
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons cooking oil
14 1/2 ounce can tomatoes, undrained, cut up
12 ounce can beer or nonalcoholic beer
chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted
19 ounce cans cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
cups coarsely chopped, seeded, and peeled Golden Nugget or acorn squash (about 12 ounces)
cup sour cream
tablespoons lime juice
tablespoon snipped fresh chives
Lime wedges (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine onion, garlic, tomatoes, beer, chipotle pepper, cumin seeds, sugar, and salt. Stir in beans and squash.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine sour cream, lime juice, and chives; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, ladle chili into bowls. Top with sour cream mixture. If desired, garnish with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts (White Bean and Cumin Chili)
- Per serving:
- 365 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 13 mg chol.,
- 995 mg sodium,
- 52 g carb.,
- 13 g fiber,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesChili Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Slow Cooker Soup and Chili Recipes, Soup Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Vegetarian Soup and Chili Recipes