Chili-Glazed Salmon Burgers
pounds fresh or frozen skinless, boneless salmon fillets
egg, lightly beaten
cup thinly sliced green onions (2)
teaspoon ground black pepper
tablespoons Asian chili sauce (Sriracha sauce)
tablespoon vegetable oil or canola oil
tablespoon rice vinegar
tablespoon soy sauce
teaspoon toasted sesame oil
cups shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
cup snipped fresh cilantro
Vegetable oil or canola oil
Asian sweet chile sauce
sesame seed hamburger buns, split and toasted
cup thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Place salmon, half at a time, in a food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. In a large bowl combine egg, green onions, salt, and black pepper. Add chopped salmon; mix gently until combined. Using damp hands, shape mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise and 2 to 3 tablespoons Asian chili sauce. Cover and chill until needed.
- For slaw, in a large bowl whisk together 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil. Add shredded cabbage and cilantro; toss to coat.
- Lightly brush both sides of salmon patties with additional vegetable oil.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place patties on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning and brushing once with sweet chile sauce halfway through grilling.
- To serve, spread cut sides of buns with mayonnaise mixture. Fill with salmon burgers, slaw, and cucumber slices.
Nutrition Facts(Chili-Glazed Salmon Burgers)
- Per serving:
- 589 kcal cal.,
- 35 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 123 mg chol.,
- 942 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet