Chili-Glazed Salmon Burgers
- Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Place salmon, half at a time, in a food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. In a large bowl combine egg, green onions, salt, and black pepper. Add chopped salmon; mix gently until combined. Using damp hands, shape mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise and 2 to 3 tablespoons Asian chili sauce. Cover and chill until needed.
- For slaw, in a large bowl whisk together 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil. Add shredded cabbage and cilantro; toss to coat.
- Lightly brush both sides of salmon patties with additional vegetable oil.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place patties on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning and brushing once with sweet chile sauce halfway through grilling.
- To serve, spread cut sides of buns with mayonnaise mixture. Fill with salmon burgers, slaw, and cucumber slices.
Nutrition Facts (Chili-Glazed Salmon Burgers)
- Per serving:
- 589 kcal cal.,
- 35 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 123 mg chol.,
- 942 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet