- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 6.2ounce package quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 9 ounce package frozen chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Madeira wine or dry sherry (optional)
1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions, except omit the seasoning packet and margarine.
2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven combine broth, dried thyme (if using), and garlic. Bring to boiling. Stir in tomatoes, chicken, zucchini, pepper, and, if using, fresh thyme.
3. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cooked rice and, if desired, Madeira. Heat through. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 236,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 38,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 31,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 18,
- sodium (mg) 440,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet