- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked ground turkey breast or chicken breast
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
1. In a medium bowl, stir together carrot, green onions, bread crumbs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add ground turkey; mix well. Shape the turkey mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
2. Place patties on a greased grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until patties are done (165 degrees F),* turning once halfway through grilling.
3. Arrange mixed greens on bottoms of buns. Top with grilled patties and cranberry sauce; replace top halves of buns.
- Place patties on greased unheated broiler pan rack. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 11 to 13 minutes or until done (165 degrees F),* turning once halfway through broiling
- The internal color of a burger is not a reliable doneness indicator. A turkey or chicken patty cooked to 165 degrees F is safe, regardless of color. To measure the doneness of a patty, insert an instant-read thermometer through the side of the patty to a depth of 2 to 3 inches.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 283,
- Fat, total (g) 2,
- chol. (mg) 53,
- carb. (g) 40,
- fiber (g) 3,
- sugar (g) 19,
- pro. (g) 26,
- sodium (mg) 377,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet