Touch-of-Gold Chicken-Rice Salad
- In a medium saucepan combine broth, uncooked rice, margarine or butter, curry powder, and pepper sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in celery, green onions, ginger, and cilantro. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- To serve, line plates with spinach. Place rice mixture on top of spinach. Arrange chicken and peach or nectarine slices on top of rice. Drizzle with Poppy Seed Dressing; sprinkle with nuts. Makes 6 servings.
Poppy Seed Dressing
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together orange juice, salad oil, Dijon-style mustard, poppy seed, and hot pepper sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Touch-of-Gold Chicken-Rice Salad)
- Per serving:
- 398 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 60 mg chol.,
- 416 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet