- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs to 7 hrs (low) or 3 to 3-1/2 hours (high)
Thyme-Garlic Chicken Breasts
pounds bone-in chicken breast halves
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
cup orange juice
tablespoon balsamic vinegar
8 ounce package mixed greens
cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
cup bottled vinaigrette dressing
- Remove and discard skin from chicken. Sprinkle chicken with garlic, thyme, and salt. Place chicken in 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Pour orange juice and vinegar over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker; cover and keep warm. Discard cooking juices.
- In a large bowl, toss together greens, tomatoes, olives, and feta; divide among serving plates. Slice chicken from the bones, discarding the bones. Top each salad with some of the chicken. Drizzle dressing over salads. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Thyme-Garlic Chicken Breasts)
- Per serving:
- 252 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 90 mg chol.,
- 660 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBoneless Chicken Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Chicken Salad Recipes, Chicken Salad Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Green Salad Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Salad Dressing Recipes, Salad Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetable Salad Recipes