- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs to 7 hrs (low) or 3 to 3-1/2 hours (high)
Thyme-Garlic Chicken Breasts
pounds bone-in chicken breast halves
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
cup orange juice
tablespoon balsamic vinegar
8 ounce package mixed greens
cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
cup bottled vinaigrette dressing
- Remove and discard skin from chicken. Sprinkle chicken with garlic, thyme, and salt. Place chicken in 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Pour orange juice and vinegar over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker; cover and keep warm. Discard cooking juices.
- In a large bowl, toss together greens, tomatoes, olives, and feta; divide among serving plates. Slice chicken from the bones, discarding the bones. Top each salad with some of the chicken. Drizzle dressing over salads. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Thyme-Garlic Chicken Breasts)
- Per serving:
- 252 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 90 mg chol.,
- 660 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet