Thai-Spiced Chicken Kabobs
- Cut off pineapple ends. Halve pineapple lengthwise; cut each half crosswise into 4 slices. Lightly coat pineapple slices with nonstick cooking spray or brush with oil. Set aside.
- Thread pineapple pieces onto 4 long skewers,* leaving 1/4 inch space between pieces.
- Place skewers on the grill rack directly over medium heat; grill for 7 minutes. Turn skewers; brush with 1/4 cup of the Thai Brushing Sauce. Discard any remaining brushing sauce. Arrange pineapple slices on grill rack directly over medium heat. Grill chicken and pineapple for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pineapple is heated through, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining Thai Brushing Sauce, melted butter, and, if desired, brown sugar; serve with chicken and pineapple. If desired, serve with rice; garnish with basil and chile peppers. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Up to 24 hours ahead, prepare Thai Brushing Sauce, cut pineapple into slices, and thread chicken onto skewers. Cover and store separately in refrigerator.
Thai Brushing Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine sweet-and-sour sauce, basil, Thai seasoning or five-spice powder, and garlic. Makes about 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Thai-Spiced Chicken Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 285 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 73 mg chol.,
- 292 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet