Thai-Spiced Chicken Kabobs
Dress up skewered chicken with this spicy Thai-inspired glaze. As you assemble the kabobs, leave at least a 1/4-inch space between the pieces to allow the chicken to cook evenly.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Grill: 13 mins to 15 mins
- Cut off pineapple ends. Halve pineapple lengthwise; cut each half crosswise into 4 slices. Lightly coat pineapple slices with nonstick cooking spray or brush with oil. Set aside.
- Thread pineapple pieces onto 4 long skewers,* leaving 1/4 inch space between pieces.
- Place skewers on the grill rack directly over medium heat; grill for 7 minutes. Turn skewers; brush with 1/4 cup of the Thai Brushing Sauce. Discard any remaining brushing sauce. Arrange pineapple slices on grill rack directly over medium heat. Grill chicken and pineapple for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pineapple is heated through, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining Thai Brushing Sauce, melted butter, and, if desired, brown sugar; serve with chicken and pineapple. If desired, serve with rice; garnish with basil and chile peppers. Makes 4 servings.
Up to 24 hours ahead, prepare Thai Brushing Sauce, cut pineapple into slices, and thread chicken onto skewers. Cover and store separately in refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, combine sweet-and-sour sauce, basil, Thai seasoning or five-spice powder, and garlic. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Per serving:
- 285 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 73 mg chol.,
- 292 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet