Thai Pork Roll-Ups
- Preheat oven to 350F. Wrap tortillas in foil. Bake in preheated oven about 10 minutes or until warm. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl combine garlic salt and pepper. Add pork strips, tossing to coat evenly.
- In a 10-inch skillet cook and stir seasoned pork in hot oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. Turn heat down if pork gets too brown. Remove pork from skillet; keep warm. Add shredded broccoli, onion, and ginger to skillet. Cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, spread one side of each tortilla with Peanut Sauce. Top with pork strips and broccoli mixture. Roll up each tortilla, securing with a wooden toothpick if necessary. Serve immediately. Makes 6 roll-ups.
From the Test Kitchen
Thai Chicken Roll-Ups:
Prepare as above, except substitute 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips, for the pork tenderloin.
- In a 1- to 1-1/2-quart saucepan combine creamy peanut butter; water; sugar; soy sauce; and garlic, minced. Heat over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until peanut butter mixture is smooth and warm. Use immediately or keep warm over very low heat, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts (Thai Pork Roll-Ups)
- Per serving:
- 389 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 37 mg chol.,
- 649 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet