Thai Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce
- Place chicken in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Combine salsa, the 2 tablespoons peanut butter, the lime juice, the 2 teaspoons soy sauce, and the ginger. Pour over chicken wings. Toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, for the peanut sauce, in a small saucepan use a whisk to combine sugar substitute, the 1/4 cup peanut butter, the 3 tablespoons soy sauce, the water, and garlic. Heat over medium-low heat until mixture is smooth, whisking occasionally; set aside (mixture will thicken as it cools).
- Drain chicken, discard cooking liquid. Return chicken to slow cooker. Gently stir in peanut sauce. Keep warm on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Makes 12 servings (2 pieces per serving).
From the Test Kitchen
For easy cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, remove the chicken wings from your slow cooker. Once the food is out of your slow cooker liner, simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Thai Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 156 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 35 mg chol.,
- 376 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet