Spicy Orange Chicken
- Remove peel and white membrane from 1 of the oranges. Section orange; set aside. Squeeze enough juice from the remaining orange to measure 1/3 cup; set aside. In a 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium heat. Add spinach; cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or just until slightly wilted, stirring occasionally. Drain and transfer to 4 serving dishes or a serving platter. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the 1/3 cup orange juice, the soy sauce, honey, ginger, cornstarch, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Wipe out Dutch oven with a paper towel. In Dutch oven, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add chicken; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir orange juice mixture; add to chicken in Dutch oven. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- To serve, arrange orange sections on top of spinach. Spoon chicken mixture over oranges and spinach. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Orange Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 207 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 66 mg chol.,
- 521 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 13 g fiber,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet