- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 10 ounce package baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Remove peel and white membrane from 1 of the oranges. Section orange; set aside. Squeeze enough juice from the remaining orange to measure 1/3 cup; set aside. In a 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium heat. Add spinach; cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or just until slightly wilted, stirring occasionally. Drain and transfer to 4 serving dishes or a serving platter. Cover and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the 1/3 cup orange juice, the soy sauce, honey, ginger, cornstarch, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
3. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Wipe out Dutch oven with a paper towel. In Dutch oven, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add chicken; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir orange juice mixture; add to chicken in Dutch oven. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
4. To serve, arrange orange sections on top of spinach. Spoon chicken mixture over oranges and spinach. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 207,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 66,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 8,
- fiber (g) 13,
- pro. (g) 31,
- sodium (mg) 521,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet