Spatchcock Barbecue Chicken with Raspberry Glaze
- To butterfly chicken, using kitchen shears, cut along both sides of backbone to remove. Rinse the chicken body cavity; pat dry with paper towels. Turn chicken skin side up and press down between the breasts to break the breast bone.
- In a small bowl stir together vinegar, rosemary, salt, and pepper; divide mixture in half. Brush half of the vinegar mixture on both sides of chicken.
- In a small saucepan combine remaining half of the vinegar mixture, the jam, and wine. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, for a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place chicken, skin side up, flat on grill rack over pan. Cover and grill for 50 to 60 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (180 degrees F in thigh muscle), brushing with raspberry glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Place chicken on grill rack over the burner that is turned off. Grill as directed.)
Nutrition Facts (Spatchcock Barbecue Chicken with Raspberry Glaze)
- Per serving:
- 730 kcal cal.,
- 39 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 201 mg chol.,
- 753 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 50 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet