- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 2 hrs to 3 hrs (high) plus 3 minutes (high)
Soy Ginger Soup
pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
cup coarsely shredded carrots
tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
tablespoon soy sauce
tablespoon rice vinegar
14 ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
ounces dried somen noodles
6 ounce package frozen snow pea pods, thawed
- In a 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine chicken; carrots; sherry, if desired; 1 tablespoon soy sauce; vinegar; ginger; and pepper. Stir in broth and the water.
- Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours. Stir in noodles and pea pods. Cover; cook for 3 minutes more.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and serve with additional soy sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Soy Ginger Soup)
- Per serving:
- 175 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 72 mg chol.,
- 1246 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet