- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1 - 1 1/2 ounce fajita seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium yellow or green sweet pepper, cut into squares
- 1 small zucchini, bias sliced
- 1/2 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 8 inches flour tortillas (optional)
- 6 cups mixed greens (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat co-jack cheese (optional)
1. For marinade, combine the fajita mix, water, and oil in a medium mixing bowl. Add chicken to marinade; stir to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Spray a wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add sweet pepper, zucchini, and onion; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
3. Drain chicken; discard marinade. Add chicken to wok. (Add additional tablespoon cooking oil to wok during cooking, if necessary, to prevent sticking.) Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to wok. Stir together salsa and chili powder. Add salsa mixture, corn, and beans to wok. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
4. If desired, serve with warm tortillas and cheese. To warm the tortillas, wrap in microwave-safe paper towels; microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds. Or serve atop a bed of mixed greens. Makes 4 servings.
- Make it a meal with cantaloupe or kiwi slices, breadsticks, and iced tea.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 191,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 45,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 18,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 20,
- vit. A (IU) 486,
- vit. C (mg) 100,
- sodium (mg) 298,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet