Southwestern Chicken Stir-Fry
- For marinade, combine the fajita mix, water, and oil in a medium mixing bowl. Add chicken to marinade; stir to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Spray a wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add sweet pepper, zucchini, and onion; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
- Drain chicken; discard marinade. Add chicken to wok. (Add additional tablespoon cooking oil to wok during cooking, if necessary, to prevent sticking.) Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to wok. Stir together salsa and chili powder. Add salsa mixture, corn, and beans to wok. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- If desired, serve with warm tortillas and cheese. To warm the tortillas, wrap in microwave-safe paper towels; microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds. Or serve atop a bed of mixed greens. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Make it a meal with cantaloupe or kiwi slices, breadsticks, and iced tea.
Nutrition Facts (Southwestern Chicken Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 191 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 45 mg chol.,
- 298 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet