Smoky Chicken Wraps
Get a grip on dinner with mesquite-smoked chicken wrapped in tomato tortillas slathered with tomato-and-pine nut cream cheese. For variety, try other flavored tortillas, from plain to spinach.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Marinate: 15 mins
- Grill: 10 mins
Smoky Chicken Wraps
cups mesquite wood chips
ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
tablespoon cooking oil
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
8 ounce tub tub plain cream cheese
oil-packed dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
tablespoons chopped pine nuts or almonds (optional)
8 tomato tortillas or plain flour tortillas
fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough water to cover. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Place chicken in a shallow dish. For marinade, combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; pour over chicken. Cover; marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In small bowl stir together cream cheese, dried tomatoes, and nuts (if desired). If necessary, stir in enough water to make of spreading consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside. Wrap tortillas in heavy foil.
- Drain wood chips. In a grill with a cover arrange preheated coals in an even layer. Sprinkle wood chips over coals. Place chicken on a lightly greased grill rack directly over medium-hot coals. Cover and grill 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning chicken and adding tortillas halfway through grilling.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board; cool slightly and thinly slice. Spread the cream cheese mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with basil. Divide chicken among tortillas; roll up. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Smoky Chicken Wraps)
- 454 kcal cal.;
- 21 g Fat, total;
- 77 mg chol.;
- 6 g sat. fat;
- 42 g carb.;
- 1 g fiber;
- 26 g pro.;
- 798 mg sodium;
- 10 mg vit. C;
- 52 RE vit. A;
- 71 mg calcium;
- 4 mg iron
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet