- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups mesquite wood chips
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/2 8 ounce tub tub plain cream cheese
- 2 oil-packed dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pine nuts or almonds (optional)
- 4 8 - 9 tomato tortillas or plain flour tortillas
- 16 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
1. At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough water to cover. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Place chicken in a shallow dish. For marinade, combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; pour over chicken. Cover; marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. In small bowl stir together cream cheese, dried tomatoes, and nuts (if desired). If necessary, stir in enough water to make of spreading consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside. Wrap tortillas in heavy foil.
3. Drain wood chips. In a grill with a cover arrange preheated coals in an even layer. Sprinkle wood chips over coals. Place chicken on a lightly greased grill rack directly over medium-hot coals. Cover and grill 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning chicken and adding tortillas halfway through grilling.
4. Transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board; cool slightly and thinly slice. Spread the cream cheese mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with basil. Divide chicken among tortillas; roll up. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 454,
- Fat, total (g) 21,
- chol. (mg) 77,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 42,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 26,
- vit. A (RE) 52,
- vit. C (mg) 10,
- sodium (mg) 798,
- calcium (mg) 71,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet