Smoky Cheddar Wraps
Old Bay Seasoning, a standard spice blend used on crab and shrimp, adds to the flavor of the chicken that gets tucked inside this quick and easy sandwich.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Grill: 12 mins to 15 mins
Smoky Cheddar Wraps
tablespoons raw sugar or 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
teaspoon ground black pepper
pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves
8 inches chipotle and chili pepper flour tortillas
6 ounce carton lowfat plain yogurt
cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
tablespoons cider vinegar
teaspoon pure maple syrup
ounces baby romaine lettuce leaves (about 4 cups)
ounces smoked cheddar cheese, shredded (3/4 cup)
- In a small bowl combine sugar, seasoning, paprika, chile pepper, and black pepper. Remove and reserve 1 teaspoon spice mixture. Add remaining spice mixture to a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken to bag and toss to coat.
- For a charcoal grill, grill chicken on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and grill as above.) Wrap tortillas tightly in heavy foil. Add to grill the last 10 minutes of grilling time, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove chicken from grill and thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine reserved spice mixture, yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, and syrup. Spread mixture evenly over one side of each tortilla. Top with lettuce, cheese, and sliced chicken. Roll up into wraps. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Smoky Cheddar Wraps)
- Per serving:
- 349 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 86 mg chol.,
- 1013 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBarbecue Chicken Recipes, Boneless Chicken, Boneless Chicken Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Chicken Sandwich Recipes, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Recipes, Cocktail Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Shredded Chicken Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes