- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding dried tomatoes to boiling water with the pasta; drain.
- For sauce, in a large skillet, cook mushrooms, sweet peppers, and onion in hot oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk and the 1 cup water. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Gradually add the 2 cups cheese, stirring until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta mixture, sauce, and turkey. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake, covered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle each serving with additional cheese. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Smokin' Tetrazzini)
- Per serving:
- 526 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 70 mg chol.,
- 908 mg sodium,
- 54 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet