- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 350°F
- Stand: 5 mins
ounces dried multigrain, spinach, or whole wheat fettuccine or linguine
cup dried tomatoes (not oil-packed), snipped
cups sliced fresh mushrooms (8 ounces)
medium red sweet peppers, cut into bite-size strips (2 cups)
medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
tablespoons olive oil
cups shredded smoked gouda cheese or smoked cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
Salt and ground black pepper
cups shredded roasted turkey or chicken
tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Shredded smoked gouda cheese or smoked cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding dried tomatoes to boiling water with the pasta; drain.
- For sauce, in a large skillet, cook mushrooms, sweet peppers, and onion in hot oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk and the 1 cup water. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Gradually add the 2 cups cheese, stirring until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta mixture, sauce, and turkey. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake, covered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle each serving with additional cheese. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Smokin' Tetrazzini)
- Per serving:
- 526 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 70 mg chol.,
- 908 mg sodium,
- 54 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBoneless Chicken, Casseroles, Chicken and Pasta Recipes, Chicken Casseroles, Chicken Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Italian Chicken Recipes, Italian Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Turkey Casseroles, Turkey Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes