- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 5 to 6 hours on (low) or 2 1/2 to 3 hours on (high)
Slow Cooker Coq au Vin
Nonstick cooking spray
pounds chicken thighs, skinned
envelope (1/2 of a 2.2-ounce package) beefy onion soup mix
cups quartered fresh mushrooms
cups frozen small whole onions
medium carrots, cut into 31/2-inch sticks
cup dry red wine
Hot cooked mashed potatoes (optional)
Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- Lightly coat an unheated large skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken thighs, several at a time, in the hot skillet until brown. Drain off fat.
- Place chicken thighs in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with dry soup mix. Add mushrooms, onions, and carrots. Pour wine over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If desired, serve with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts (Slow Cooker Coq au Vin)
- Per serving:
- 320 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 161 mg chol.,
- 782 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 42 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesChicken Recipes, Chicken Thigh Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, French Chicken Recipes, French Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Potato Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Soup Recipes, Stew and Chowder Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes