- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 5 to 6 hours on (low) or 2 1/2 to 3 hours on (high)
Slow Cooker Coq au Vin
Nonstick cooking spray
pounds chicken thighs, skinned
envelope (1/2 of a 2.2-ounce package) beefy onion soup mix
cups quartered fresh mushrooms
cups frozen small whole onions
medium carrots, cut into 31/2-inch sticks
cup dry red wine
Hot cooked mashed potatoes (optional)
Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- Lightly coat an unheated large skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken thighs, several at a time, in the hot skillet until brown. Drain off fat.
- Place chicken thighs in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with dry soup mix. Add mushrooms, onions, and carrots. Pour wine over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If desired, serve with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts (Slow Cooker Coq au Vin)
- Per serving:
- 320 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 161 mg chol.,
- 782 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 42 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet