Season's Finest Salad
- Place chicken on lightly greased rack of an uncovered grill. Grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through grilling. Let chicken stand about 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Cut chicken into irregular pieces, about 2x1 inches.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl combine spinach, sorrel, red onion rings, and basil. To serve, divide spinach mixture among 4 dinner-sized shallow wooden bowls or dinner plates. Arrange fruit and chicken on greens. Drizzle Strawberry Dressing on each serving. Garnish with strawberry blossoms, of desired. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Berries to Pour
- With potato masher or back of a spoon, crush raspberries or strawberries. In a saucepan combine crushed berries, honey or sugar, and water. Cook and stir until mixture bubbles. Cook and stir 2 minutes more or until slightly thickened. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup raspberries, or sliced strawberries and, if desired, raspberry liqueur. Store, covered, in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Serve warm or chilled as a dessert sauce or topper for pancakes. Makes 3 cups.
- In a food processor bowl or blender container combine fresh strawberries, Berries to Pour or purchased strawberry pourable fruit, olive oil, sherry vinegar or wine vinegar, fresh ginger, salt, and pepper. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Makes about 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Season's Finest Salad)
- Per serving:
- 357 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 59 mg chol.,
- 233 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet