Red Curry Chicken Wings
- Preheat broiler. If desired, use a sharp knife to carefully cut off tips of the wings; discard tips. Cut each wing at joint to make 2 pieces. Place wing pieces in a single layer on the unheated rack of a foil-lined broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is brown, turning once. Drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine coconut milk, fish sauce, and curry paste. Add wing pieces and onion, stirring to coat with curry mixture.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from cooker; cover with foil to keep warm. Skim fat from curry mixture.
- For sauce, in a medium saucepan combine cornstarch and water; stir in curry mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in basil, if desired. Serve chicken wings with sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Red Curry Chicken Wings)
- Per serving:
- 183 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 47 mg chol.,
- 488 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet