- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
cup purchased unsweetened coconut milk
cup peanut butter
teaspoon ground ginger
medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb. total)
tablespoon cooking oil
green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. In a small bowl, combine coconut milk, peanut butter, ginger, and pepper; set aside.
2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pnk, turning once. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
3. For sauce, add green onion to skillet. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in peanut butter mixture. Cook and stir until bubbly.
4. To serve, spoon the sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with peanuts. Makes 4 servings.
TIP: Unfamiliar with coconut milk? Look for cans of it in the Oriental foods section of your supermarket.
- Servings Per Recipe 4 servings
- Total Fat (g)27
- Saturated Fat (g)13,
- Monounsaturated Fat (g)5,
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g)3,
- Cholesterol (mg)66,
- Sodium (mg)173,
- Carbohydrate (g)9,
- Total Sugar (g)3,
- Fiber (g)3,
- Protein (g)33,
- Vitamin C (DV%)9,
- Calcium (DV%)4,
- Iron (DV%)12,
- Starch (d.e.).5,
- Lean Meat (d.e.)4.5,
- Fat (d.e.)2.5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet