Pulled Chicken-Peanut Salad
tablespoons frozen orange-tangerine or orange juice concentrate
teaspoons toasted sesame oil
teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
cups watercress sprigs
cup cocktail peanuts
- In a small bowl combine juice concentrate, water, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Reserve 1 tablespoon of orange juice concentrate mixture. Cover remaining mixture. Set aside.
- In a large skillet bring 1/2 inch of water to boiling. (Water should come just below the bottom of a steamer basket.) Reduce heat to simmer. Arrange chicken in a single layer in basket. Place basket in skillet. Brush chicken with the reserved 1 tablespoon juice mixture. Cover. Steam chicken for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and no longer pink.
- Remove chicken. Transfer to cutting board. Cool slightly (about 5 minutes). Using a pair of forks, pull chicken into bite-size pieces about 1-1/2 inches long.
- To serve, combine watercress, chicken, and peanuts in a large salad bowl. Stir in remaining juice mixture. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Pulled Chicken-Peanut Salad)
- Per serving:
- 186 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 49 mg chol.,
- 241 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet