Upload your photo here.
Prosciutto-Stuffed Chicken Bake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. With a small sharp knife, make a 2-inch-wide horizontal slit in the side of each chicken breast to create a deep pocket. Stuff each pocket with 1 piece of the prosciutto or half of a piece of the Canadian bacon, folding or cutting as needed to fit.
- Spread rice in an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with chicken. Bake, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add green onions; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Whisk in flour and pepper until well mixed. Add milk all at once, whisking to combine. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in asparagus, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, and the sherry. In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, the panko, and Italian seasoning.
- Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F).
From the Test Kitchen
* If cooking packaged long grain and wild rice blend, do not use the seasoning packet.
Prepare as directed. Cover and chill for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw casserole in refrigerator for 48 hours, if frozen. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover baking dish with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake about 30 minutes more or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Prosciutto-Stuffed Chicken Bake)
- Per serving:
- 547 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 109 mg chol.,
- 899 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 47 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet