Polynesian Chicken Wings and Pineapple
- For marinade, in a small saucepan stir together pineapple juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, ginger, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 12 minutes or until the marinade is reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Cut each chicken wing at the large joint (you will get 2 portions from each wing). Place chicken pieces in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over chicken pieces; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain chicken pieces, reserving marinade.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling. Test for medium heat above the drip pan. Place chicken pieces on the grill rack over the drip pan. Cover and grill for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, brushing occasionally with the reserved marinade for the first 15 minutes of grilling. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Halve pineapple slices. Place on rack of the grill directly over the heat for the last 5 minutes of grilling; turn once. Makes 12 (2 portion) servings.
Nutrition Facts (Polynesian Chicken Wings and Pineapple)
- Per serving:
- 160 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 38 mg chol.,
- 286 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet