Pollo con Chile Rojo Burrito
10 inch flour tortilla
cup Mexican Red Rice (see Recipe Center) or cooked rice mix, warmed
cup Poblano Pinto Beans (see Recipe Center) or canned pinto beans, drained and warmed
cup Pollo con Chile Rojo (see Recipe Center) or shredded chicken, warmed
tablespoons Spicy Salsa Verde (see Recipe Center) or purchased salsa verde
tablespoons chopped onion
tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
tablespoons Red Chile Sauce (see Recipe Center) (optional)
teaspoons Mexican crema or sour cream (optional)
Snipped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place tortilla on a large piece of foil.* Splash tortilla with a few drops of water. Wrap tightly. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove tortilla from foil. Place on a work surface. Sprinkle cheese over tortilla, to within 1-1/2 inch on edge. Top cheese with rice, beans, Pollo con Chile Rojo (chicken), salsa verde, onion, the 1 tablespoon cilantro, and the avocado.
- Fold right and left edges of tortilla inward over the filling. Starting with the edge closest to you, roll tortilla tightly to enclose filling.
- Lightly oil a large skillet or griddle. Heat over medium heat. Place rolled burrito, seam side down, in the skillet or on the griddle. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until burrito is browned on both sides, turning once. If desired, top with Red Chile Sauce, crema, and additional cilantro.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
To make more than one burrito, stack the tortillas on the foil and splash the stack with a few drops of water. Wrap and bake about 10 minutes or until warmed.
Nutrition Facts(Pollo con Chile Rojo Burrito)
- Per serving:
- 716 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 13 g monounsatured fat),
- 69 mg chol.,
- 1663 mg sodium,
- 76 g carb.,
- 12 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 33 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet