Purchased hoisin sauce and canned plums make this Asian appetizer extra easy.
- For sauce, drain plums, reserving liquid. Pit plums. In a food processor bowl or blender container, combine the pitted plums, reserved plum liquid, the orange juice concentrate, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and process or blend until mixture is nearly smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in the sesame seed.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling; test for medium heat above the pan. Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper; place wings in a single layer on the rack over the pan.
- Cover and grill for 20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest portion of a wing reads 180 degree F and juices run clear. Brush wings occasionally with sauce during grilling. Heat any remaining sauce and pass with wings. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Plum-Sauced Wings)
- Per serving:
- 197 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 47 mg chol.,
- 13 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet