- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 16 ounce can whole unpitted purple plums
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons bottled hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed, toasted
- 2 pounds chicken wings with drumettes (about 24 pieces)
- Salt and pepper
1. For sauce, drain plums, reserving liquid. Pit plums. In a food processor bowl or blender container, combine the pitted plums, reserved plum liquid, the orange juice concentrate, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and process or blend until mixture is nearly smooth.
2. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in the sesame seed.
3. Prepare grill for indirect grilling; test for medium heat above the pan. Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper; place wings in a single layer on the rack over the pan.
4. Cover and grill for 20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest portion of a wing reads 180 degree F and juices run clear. Brush wings occasionally with sauce during grilling. Heat any remaining sauce and pass with wings. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 197,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 47,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 13,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 12,
- vit. A (IU) 243,
- vit. C (mg) 6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet