Purchased hoisin sauce and canned plums make this Asian appetizer extra easy.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Grill: 20 mins
16 ounce can whole unpitted purple plums
tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
tablespoons bottled hoisin sauce
tablespoon soy sauce
teaspoon grated fresh ginger
tablespoons sesame seed, toasted
pounds chicken wings with drumettes (about 24 pieces)
Salt and pepper
- For sauce, drain plums, reserving liquid. Pit plums. In a food processor bowl or blender container, combine the pitted plums, reserved plum liquid, the orange juice concentrate, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and process or blend until mixture is nearly smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in the sesame seed.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling; test for medium heat above the pan. Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper; place wings in a single layer on the rack over the pan.
- Cover and grill for 20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest portion of a wing reads 180 degree F and juices run clear. Brush wings occasionally with sauce during grilling. Heat any remaining sauce and pass with wings. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Plum-Sauced Wings)
- Per serving:
- 197 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 47 mg chol.,
- 13 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet