- At least 1 hour before grilling, soak plank in enough water to cover. Weight down plank to keep it submerged during soaking. Drain plank.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in pineapple preserves, soy sauce, chili sauce, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Cook and stir over low heat just until preserves melt. Remove from heat; set aside.
- For a charcoal grill, place plank on the grill rack directly over medium coals; heat about 5 minutes or until plank begins to crackle and smoke. Place chicken on plank. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Carefully spoon glaze over chicken. Cover; grill for 25 minutes. Arrange pineapple wedges, slightly overlapping, on plank. Cover; grill for 25 to 30 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (180 degrees F in thigh). (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Grill chicken and pineapple as above.)
- Serve chicken with pineapple wedges. If desired, sprinkle chicken with cilantro. Makes 4 servings.
- *Slice a whole, fresh unpeeled pineapple into quarters lengthwise. From one of the quarters, cut 1/2-inch crosswise slices.
From the Test Kitchen
*Slice a whole, fresh unpeeled pineapple into quarters lengthwise. From one of the quarters, cut 1/2-inch crosswise slices.
Nutrition Facts (Pineapple-Glazed Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 478 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 138 mg chol.,
- 535 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 24 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet