Paula Deen's Herb-Fried Chicken
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, 2 to 4 hours.
- In bowl combine flour, the 1/2 cup herbs, and pepper; set aside. In shallow dish whisk together eggs and milk. Dip chicken in egg mixture then coat with flour mixture. Repeat.
- In deep 12-inch skillet add oil to depth of 1 inch (oil will rise as chicken is added.) Heat oil to 350 degrees F over medium-high heat.
- Gently lower four chicken pieces at a time into hot oil, (oil may spatter). Cook 14 to 16 minutes, turning after 8 minutes, or until brown and crisp and chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F for breasts, 180 degrees F for thighs). Oil temperature will drop when chicken is added; adjust heat as needed to maintain oil temperature at 325 degrees F. Drain chicken on wire rack or paper towels. Place in preheated 300 degree F oven while frying remaining chicken. To serve, top with sage leaves and lemon wedges. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Paula Deen's Herb-Fried Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 694 kcal cal.,
- 45 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 11 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 19 g monounsatured fat),
- 223 mg chol.,
- 544 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 37 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Janet Renaud 333 Days Ago
Excuse me but the recipe clearly sates 1/2 cup of cup of snipped herbs. Where did the two of you get that it said 12 cups. Just saying. Also you could add 1/2 cup of snipped herbs of any kind or combinations of many.
VA Duncan 493 Days Ago
Hmmm, nothing in the Ingredients list names any herbs except parsley and sage leaves... and not 12 cups of them, which would be ridiculous!
Sandy Mazur 740 Days Ago
There is something wrong with this recipe. I've never seen a 1 lb chicken and in the directions it calls for 12 cups of herbs. Please correct,