Salad greens tossed with a lemon vinaigrette dressing are placed on top of the chicken just prior to serving this main dish recipe.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet or rolling pin until they are 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Coat chicken breasts on both sides with flour mixture, then dip both sides into egg mixture and dredge both sides in bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts. Toss the salad greens with Lemon Vinaigrette. Place a mound of salad on each hot chicken breast. Serve with additional grated Parmesan. Makes 6 servings.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Parmesan Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 638 kcal cal.,
- 34 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 19 g monounsatured fat),
- 174 mg chol.,
- 1158 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 46 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet