Pan-Roasted Chicken with Shallots
This simple chicken dish is great for any special occasion. Guests won't believe it's a 20-minute dinner.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast and about 1/3 cup vegetables
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
- Peel shallots; halve small shallots and quarter large shallots. If using onion, cut into thin wedges (should have 1 cup shallots or onion wedges); set aside. Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken; cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn chicken. Add shallots to skillet.Cook for 8 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), stirring shallots frequently and turning chicken, if necessary, to brown evenly. If necessary, add additional oil to prevent sticking. Reduce heat to medium low if chicken or shallots brown too quickly.
- Transfer chicken and shallots to a serving platter. Cover to keep warm. Add zucchini to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add to platter with chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
Chop up any leftover cooked chicken and zucchini and stir it into your low-sodium, broth-based, canned soup. Chunks of fresh chicken and vegetables adds more flavor to boring soups, and increases your protein intake.
- Per serving:
- 193 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 66 mg chol.,
- 231 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet