Pan-Fried Chicken with Tomato Jam
pint grape or cherry tomatoes
tablespoon packed brown sugar
cup quick-cooking polenta mix
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
9 ounce package fresh spinach
- Pierce tomatoes with knife. Place in microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover loosely. Mico-cook on high (100% power), 3 minutes or until skins burst and tomatoes are soft, stirring once; set aside.
- In saucepan bring 2-1/2 cups water and 1 tsp. salt to boiling; stir in polenta. Reduce heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- In shallow dish combine flour with 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper; add buttermilk to another dish. Dip chicken in buttermilk then flour. Heat 3 tablespoons cooking oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken. Cook 4 minutes per side or until no pink remains (170 degrees F); remove.
- Drain pan drippings. Add spinach; cook until just wilted. Season to taste. Serve chicken with spinach, polenta, and tomato jam. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Pan-Fried Chicken with Tomato Jam)
- Per serving:
- 448 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 66 mg chol.,
- 869 mg sodium,
- 56 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet