- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 3 ounces chicken regular or Parmesan variation
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 45 mins 375°F
- In a small bowl combine egg and milk. For coating, in a shallow dish combine crushed cornflakes, thyme, paprika, salt, pepper; stir in melted butter. Set aside. Skin chicken. Dip chicken pieces, 1 at a time, into egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture.
- In a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan, arrange chicken, bone side down, so the pieces aren't touching. Sprinkle chicken pieces with any remaining crumb mixture so they are generously coated.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F for breasts; 180 degrees F for thighs and drumsticks). Do not turn chicken pieces while baking. Makes 6 servings.
To make your own tenders, simply cut 1-1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves lengthwise into 1-inch strips.
Prepare as above, except omit thyme and salt and reduce crushed cornflakes to 1/2 cup. For coating, combine cornflakes; 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese; 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed; the paprika; and pepper. Stir in melted butter. Continue as above.
Prepare as above, except substitute 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenders* for meaty chicken pieces, increase crushed cornflakes to 1-3/4 cups, and place tenders in a single layer on 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered in a 400 degrees F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Do not turn tenders while baking.
Nutrition Facts per 4 tenders: 250 cal., 7 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 112 mg chol., 336 mg sodium, 16 g carbo., 0 g dietary fiber, 29 g protein.
Daily Values: 7% vit. A, 3% calcium, 23% iron.
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat
- Per serving:
- 336 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 133 mg chol.,
- 351 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet